32 years of imagining, and then converting into one of my hobbies... I hope you'll enjoy it... (^.^)/ , by Marina

July 16, 2012

Bento: Berserk - Puck Emoticon


Here's today's Bento! Everyone, meet Puck, the funny elf that follows Guts wherever he goes. For those of you that know him, I'm sure you can think of at least 3 different sketches and funny faces he makes. :) One of my favorites was this one - made in Volume 24, page 20, as a response to Ishidoro's epic declaration { -.-}. How I laughed out loud when I read it! :D

For those who don't know him here's a pretty elaborate dossier of this little fella - one of the main character in Berserk's manga, by Kentarou Miura, rated as one of the top 5 best mangas in almost every rating I could find. (In Example here) The plot centers around Guts, the Black Swordsman, who wanders around in a medieval world slaying demons as they are attracted to a demonic mark on his neck. To his help he has inhuman strength gained from a harsh childhood lived with mercenaries, a gigantic sword, an iron prosthetic left hand and the elf Puck. Check it out, but mind it's not material for underage readers - it can be pretty violent and harsh at times.

This is my first Bento starring Puck. And I say first since I already have many plans for this chestnut :). Took me a total of 4h, but it was worth it! :) Sorry for the pictures thou, they are not of the best quality.

The base of the bento is Sushi - philadephia roll in one tier and a shitake futomaki in the other. To divide the top part I used few baran sheets such as Bento Grass divider. Follows a thin layer of sushi rice with black sesame seeds, to emphasize the sun rays which have been made out of an egg sheet. Puck's face is young firm cheese, some nori for the details and again beet root colored young cheese for the mouth. Sounds easy right? :D
Sorry, not that easy (^.^) - as any Artistic Bento requires a lot of patience, planning, a firm hand and of course - time :)

It sticked together quite nicely even after transport - YATtAAAAA    \(^.^)/



Of course this is not enough to feed my Senpai, so I added another Bento box full of sushi, cucumber and carrots. :)

I will soon post the recipe for Egg rolls, where you can learn how to make them yourself. As for the sushi, well that one will have to wait a bit ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! (^.^)/***